Monday, September 14, 2015

Yellow Bird~ the Next Best Heatwave Since Sriracha?




Before working as a Marketeer, I knew very little about the buy local movement. I knew that if I bought locally made products that it helped the communities from which the products came, however, I hardly knew any of the products names or who made them and I had no idea that the journey to buying local nirvana would be so expansive. One of those new discoveries for me is Yellow Bird; a kick fire hot sauce that has me by the taste buds.
I have tried all sorts of sauces, from all sorts of places, but I can say that Yellow Bird is one of the smoothest, zestiest, and highest quality sauces I have tried. I recently drizzled some on our Monument fried chicken and it was outstandingly good! Its ingredients are simple, no matter which of three it is. They pride themselves on small batches, all natural, bought locally ingredients, and it shows. 

The jalapeno sauce is my favorite. Its deep red color is deceiving since jalapenos are commonly green when picked, but this sauce is actually the mildest of the three available. Its flavor is primarily savory with the fresh taste of jalapeno, red ones, that gives a mild kick to anything it’s put on. 

The Serrano, much like the jalapeno is savory, but has more heat that lasts a bit longer on the tongue and is perfect for the hot sauce experienced.

Finally the habanero is the king of spice and heat. It made me cough a bit as the fire hit me, BUT it disappears quickly. It’s perfect for people who love a tingling sensation when consuming their favorite foods.
All three of these blends would be great on anything, and could possibly take the place of favorite hot sauces from around the world. Visiting their website, I saw recipes that intrigued me http://yellowbirdsauce.com/. If cooking is a joy, then these recipes will make feeding the masses even more enjoyable and spicier! I think that is their goal at Yellow Bird anyway. 

To purchase this, or anything else we offer, please visit the Monument Market at 500 S Austin Ave bldg #2, Georgetown, Texas, any day between the hours of 8am-8pm! Don't forget to like us on Facebook! Thanks for reading!